BattleMaster is a game played from your
browser where grand stories unfold created by the interactions and imaginations of players. It focuses on battle, teamwork,
and roleplay where the power is in your hands to create your own destiny and alter the course of history, forever. It takes
place in a medieval setting where you create a character and join other players in a realm of your choosing. Your character
will be of noble blood, start off as a Knight, and as your ambition demands, perhaps one day reach the ranks of Duke, General, Ruler, or more.
Your character will fight alongside their realm's fellow nobles against nobles from enemy realms in order to win wars.
Cities will be conquered, regions will be defended, and blood will be spilled in the name of honor, glory, culture, and power.
Take part in forging alliances, destroying empires, fighting holy wars, and more in an ever changing landscape created by players, for players,
where the victors are envied and enter the pages of history.
Battlemaster is a lightweight slow paced game designed to be played alongside your other activities with turns every 12 hours at 6AM and 6PM UTC .
Depending on your desires and your characters' tasks, you can spend as little as 10 minutes per day on your characters,
or over an hour based on what you want to do, roleplay, and achieve each day. A typical response time to letters and messages
is measured in hours, not minutes, and many play Battlemaster from their smartphone while on the go.
Casually fight wars by wielding sword or bow, devise military strategy and lead fellow nobles by commanding the armies of your
realm, vie for power among ambitious nobles and realms by engaging in political intrigue, spread your religion's faith and embark
on a crusade for purposes only known to you: these are some of the many choices you will make. In Battlemaster, you create your own
destiny, and all that stand in your path make victory that much sweeter when you overcome all that oppose you. Join Battlemaster now, every day
is another chance for you to attain fame and honor!
Looking to flex your coding skills? BattleMaster is under active development by a focused team of volunteers. We invite you to
join us and take an even deeper part in this ever growing universe! New features
are regularly added, gameplay is balanced and tweaked, and more is done to continuously
improve the game. You can talk directly to the developers at the
forum, or on the discord
Two New Features - posted on Mon Apr 10 at 13:20:30 by Timothy Collett
Today I am sending live two new (smallish) features:
- A Rumours feature, which will, over time, aggregate various of the tidbits of information that get thrown around into one place. For now, you will only see these rumours show up in the turn change messages (if there are any to hear about); however, shortly, once there are enough to start populating the system (and so no one wastes their hours on trying before then), I will enable ways for most characters to seek them out. These will appear on the Actions page.
- The ability to set a custom background colour for filters (aka tabs) in the New Message System. At present, this only allows for simple flat colours; however, in future, I hope to be able to offer some different patterns, as well.
Character Card Shape - posted on Mon Apr 3 at 10:20:04 by Timothy Collett
For those of you using WebKit-based browsers, you may notice that (once you receive the updated CSS file) the character cards on your account page are no longer a fancy shield shape. I have disabled the CSS mask that achieved this effect due to what appears to be a bug in the latest Safari, which caused the mask to shrink and repeat, making the character cards nearly unusable. I am investigating the situation, and hope to be able to re-enable the mask in the future, either because I have found a workaround, or because the bug has been fixed.
14th Century BattleMaster! - posted on Fri Mar 31 at 22:29:50 by Timothy Collett
Happy April Fools' Day!
Using the latest in AI technology, we are now pleased to announce that we provide a filter for your messages that will render them as if they were written in the actual medieval era! This filter is optional, and can be toggled on and off with a button on the right-hand side of your Messages page. We hope you will enjoy it!
Recent Changes March 2023 - posted on Mon Mar 27 at 14:01:47 by Timothy Collett
- Added the ability for Dukes to hand over a lordless region in their duchy to another duchy in the realm.
- Added a link per message, as well as a full archive, to get the proper syntax for posting your messages to the Wiki.
- Added the Notes feature, giving each character their own private notes. Includes a Quick Note that can be easily accessed on any page of the character, for ease of transferring information from page to page.
...And a number of other minor changes, bugfixes, and behind-the-scenes improvements.
Bugtracker, Hinterlands Playtest Auto-Login Enabled - posted on Fri Feb 10 at 21:13:16 by Timothy Collett
Auto-login has now been enabled for both the Hinterlands Playtest and the Bugtracker.
For the Playtest, you will only be able to auto-login within 12 hours of a login to your main account.
For the Bugtracker, you will need to ensure that you have your Bugtracker account name set on your Edit Data page.
Read All News