Forum Upgrade & PHP 7 Update - posted at July 02, 2019, 03:03:10 AM by Anaris
We're working on upgrading the version of PHP on the server to the latest (version 7). For the game, we've done some work to see that this should have minimal effects—hopefully all you'll notice is a slight speed increase.
We also have to upgrade the forum to support this, and the default theme we've been using isn't compatible with the new forum version. We're going to be setting up the upgraded version with a couple of different themes besides the built-in one—one darker theme, similar to the current brown theme, but with more of a bluish cast, and one lighter theme with support for mobile browsers. Feedback on this will be appreciated, but bear in mind that there are only so many SMF themes compatible with the 2.1RC2 release.
These upgrades should be happening within the next few days, and this announcement will be updated as we have more specific information.
Spring 2019 Supplemental Changes - posted at May 16, 2019, 08:25:34 PM by AnarisMajor Changes
- Density Minimum raised to 1.8 from 1.7
- Indications of alliance bloc size added to some diplomatic pages
- Add Donator role for Discord
- Reduce tournament cooldown
- Adjust display of buttons for mobile users
- Fix creating new estate
- Fix banker's tax overview
- Fix LostPay calculation
- Fix autopayment text bug
- Correctly permit alliance within existing alliance bloc, even if it's above the continent limit
Spring 2019 Recent Changes - posted at April 30, 2019, 11:01:08 PM by Vita`Major Changes:
- Implement individualized tax rates
- Each hierarchy level can set individualized tax rates for their vassals
- For example, a ruler can set different tax rates for different dukes, same with a duke for lords and a lord for vassals
- Discourage Adventurers as Scouts
- No longer display all local nobles to advies, only nobles of greater position and prestige
- When adventurer uses 2-hour scout mechanic, there is a chance of their capture, similar to scout paraphernalia capture
- Potential capture consequences include fatigue increase, light wound and fatigue increase, imprisonment, seriously wound, or death
- Implement a Lemuria Bot on Discord
- Manages user's realm roles which provides private realm channels and a rulers channel
- Identifying a user's family
- And other functionality (come
(241 more words) [Read More]
Discord Bot and Private Realm Channels - posted at April 07, 2019, 08:36:51 PM by Vita`
There is now a bot for the BattleMaster Discord named Lemuria. Drop by and have an admin assign you your family so you can chat to your realmmates in real time. Once an admin assigns your family to your discord account, the bot will update your roles and give you access to the realms of your active nobles. If you're a ruler, you get access to a private ruler channel. There is also a command to identify a discord user's family info, once its been assigned. Type !help to see the list of available commands.
The Lemuria Renaissance - posted at April 01, 2019, 10:48:22 PM by Andrew
So, we were having a discussion about which would be interest to tackle as a side project, for when we aren't working on bigger things, and thought we'd just ask you all what you thought would make a good first or second project to look at.
Since we've got so many options, we're going to let you pick your top 2.(If you're not seeing a voting option, click here to be taken to the forum.)