Some memorable quotes made by players of BattleMaster, mostly on the
- "I am amazed at this game. It is really a beauty of a design. It's
fairly simple and straitforward yet generates a lot of depth. The name
for that is art."
- -- Mark Gerdes
- "I come home every day from a stressful work environment,
physically exhausted and mentally drained. Logging on to BM and
checking what is going on in the realms I'm in and plotting the demise
of the realms opposing us helps me to focus, relax, and unwind."
- -- drlundy
- "I have seen me so ill that I have not wanted to get out of bed.
Then doing so merely for the fact I wanted to know how my characters
were fairing. This game is totaly addictive."
- -- Mearhinas Traylon
- "It's the most fun I've had playing a computer game, ever."
- -- Aaron Bennett
- "We all love BM as it's clearly the finest online game on the
planet [...] never before have I played any game, every day - twice a
day, for over a year. And it just gets better."
- -- George Thompson
- "Today marks one year of playing BM for me. BM surpassed my
expectations by a wide margin."
- -- PJ Passalacqua
- "This is a unique game experience [...] It is more fun than any
video card intensive, processor sucking, bandwith hogging MMORPG out
- -- David Wierbiki
- "I'm studying political sciences and the game was introduced to me
as a 'tool', a 'political simulation' to understand in practice how
society, international relationships, internal affairs and the total of
the political attributes function! And of course how some silly persons
can spoil an effort of a whole realm-government! I have to admit that
the game not only met my expectations but surpassed them by far!"
- -- Julie Alexia
- "My bride is more jealous of this game then the cute next door
- -- Phillipe Schumacker
- "I've been playing this game on and off for a long time, but each time
I come back I'm consistently amazed at how closely certain
institutions, feuds, and general interactions among characters mimic
their real world counterparts. I work in government and have had a
lot of exposure to power hierarchies and the like. Seeing the same
dramas and plots evolve in a game has made it easier to understand the
motives and relationships of various actors/individuals in the real
world. It also got me thinking about all the possible parallels that
could be drawn between the game world and the real world."
- -- Aaron Champion
- "when your spouse hates the Cagilan Empire but has never played the game, you've got a problem"
- -- Solari
- "During my time playing Battlemaster I have been a Soldier, Husband, Father, Widower, husband and father again...
This game is part of who I am now. If the game were to go to hell in a hand basket...I would be here playing.
I do turn a little red in the face when my friends and Wife introduce me as Wilson, the King of Lukon...but I am used to it now."
- -- Valast