BattleMaster is a game played from your
browser where grand stories unfold created by the interactions and imaginations of players. It focuses on battle, teamwork,
and roleplay where the power is in your hands to create your own destiny and alter the course of history, forever. It takes
place in a medieval setting where you create a character and join other players in a realm of your choosing. Your character
will be of noble blood, start off as a Knight, and as your ambition demands, perhaps one day reach the ranks of Duke, General, Ruler, or more.
Your character will fight alongside their realm's fellow nobles against nobles from enemy realms in order to win wars.
Cities will be conquered, regions will be defended, and blood will be spilled in the name of honor, glory, culture, and power.
Take part in forging alliances, destroying empires, fighting holy wars, and more in an ever changing landscape created by players, for players,
where the victors are envied and enter the pages of history.
Battlemaster is a lightweight slow paced game designed to be played alongside your other activities with turns every 12 hours at 6AM and 6PM UTC .
Depending on your desires and your characters' tasks, you can spend as little as 10 minutes per day on your characters,
or over an hour based on what you want to do, roleplay, and achieve each day. A typical response time to letters and messages
is measured in hours, not minutes, and many play Battlemaster from their smartphone while on the go.
Casually fight wars by wielding sword or bow, devise military strategy and lead fellow nobles by commanding the armies of your
realm, vie for power among ambitious nobles and realms by engaging in political intrigue, spread your religion's faith and embark
on a crusade for purposes only known to you: these are some of the many choices you will make. In Battlemaster, you create your own
destiny, and all that stand in your path make victory that much sweeter when you overcome all that oppose you. Join Battlemaster now, every day
is another chance for you to attain fame and honor!
Looking to flex your coding skills? BattleMaster is under active development by a focused team of volunteers. We invite you to
join us and take an even deeper part in this ever growing universe! New features
are regularly added, gameplay is balanced and tweaked, and more is done to continuously
improve the game. You can talk directly to the developers at the
Please enter the following data to join. Note that we really do ask that you give your real name: it will remain private information unless you decide to make it public, but we are firm about wanting to know who's playing in our house. Separately, we ask for a name for the noble family you will be playing as in the game.
Enter your e-mail address and your password to access your account.
It is currently Night. Sunrise is in 2 hours, 44 minutes (server time: 3:16 Monday).
Current revision: 5f0131f67 (2020-09-08 12:18:42 -0400)
New Religion Founding Requirements - posted at October 12, 2020, 03:52:07 AM by Anaris
We're pleased to announce that we have introduced a new path to founding a religion, that does not require the founder to themselves be a Lord. It does, however, require some significant work on the part of the would-be founder:
- A document (~500 words at least) describing the basic beliefs of your religion: what do its followers actually worship? What do its teaching say about their day-to-day life? What meaning does it give to noble followers? How does it affect the decisions made by noble player characters? Is there a creation myth? What does it have to say about nobles vs peasants? The afterlife? Our purpose in the world? Some resources if you need inspiration:
(187 more words) [Read More]
Testing Region Stat Bug Fixed - posted at October 01, 2020, 06:22:22 PM by Anaris
A longstanding bug in how region stats are adjusted at the turn change on testing islands (BT, Dwilight) has just been fixed. It was copying adjustments to morale and applying them to independence, instead of applying the correct adjustments to independence.
The likely effects of this fix will be:
- Regions affected by the new Sparse Realm Penalties on testing will actually start to feel the penalties now, since they primarily affect independence.
- Regions that are being well-cared-for should stop showing a frustrating tendency to have control drop for no apparent reason.
We apologize for the confusion this will likely create.
Region Revolt Bug - Updated - posted at September 11, 2020, 02:53:41 PM by AnarisUpdate (17:30 server time): All regions should now be returned to their previous owners, with duchies, lords, and estates restored. If any have been missed, please contact us ASAP (on the Forum Helpline, on Discord by pinging @Delvin Anaris, or at [email protected]).
The massive number of regions that revolted at the turn change was a bug—I believe I have localized and fixed the source of the bug, and will be running tests to confirm before the sunset turn.
All regions that revolted this turn change will be manually returned to their owners, with our apologies.
Sparse Realm Penalty Adjustments - posted at September 10, 2020, 06:28:54 PM by Anaris
Due to both player feedback and our own observations over the past day, we are making some adjustments to the newly-added sparse realm penalties. They were never intended to hit so hard, so fast, and we apologize for the excessively aggressive effects.
- The penalties will now have a 3-day warning period before applying to a given region.
- The penalties will ease in much more slowly on stable islands, slightly more slowly on testing (which already had them slower than stable).
- The across-the-board penalties for regions lacking a lord, a knight, or both have been removed, at least for the time being.
- Later today, a tool will be added on the Information page allowing everyone to see both which realms are in most danger, and how many regions the realm currently stands to lose.
Supplemental Update: Sparse Realm Penalties - posted at September 08, 2020, 06:28:06 PM by Anaris
A supplemental update is going live with a few small fixes, noted below, and the introduction of penalties for realms below the density limit. The details of these penalties are as follows:
- All regions in realms below the density limit that lack at least one knight, a Lord, or both will suffer small to moderate control penalties.
- In such realms, up to three regions will suffer further penalties, with the regions being chosen by three criteria:
- Number of neighbouring regions belonging to a realm above the density limit
- Number of neighbouring rogue regions
- Distance from capital
- These regions will be ranked, with the furthest or most surrounded by high-density/rogue regions ranking highest, and the higher the rank among those three regions, the steeper the penalties.
- Regions that fall within these three will also have significantly increased chances of revolt.
(94 more words) [Read More]