Enter your e-mail address and your password to
access your account.
It is currently Night. Sunrise is in 43 minutes (server time: 5:17 Thursday).
Current revision: 5f0131f67 (2020-09-08 12:18:42 -0400)
New Religion Founding Requirements - posted at October 12, 2020, 03:52:07 AM by Anaris
We're pleased to announce that we have introduced a new path to founding a religion, that does not require the founder to themselves be a Lord. It does, however, require some significant work on the part of the would-be founder:
- A document (~500 words at least) describing the basic beliefs of your religion: what do its followers actually worship? What do its teaching say about their day-to-day life? What meaning does it give to noble followers? How does it affect the decisions made by noble player characters? Is there a creation myth? What does it have to say about nobles vs peasants? The afterlife? Our purpose in the world? Some resources if you need inspiration:
(187 more words) [Read More]
Testing Region Stat Bug Fixed - posted at October 01, 2020, 06:22:22 PM by Anaris
A longstanding bug in how region stats are adjusted at the turn change on testing islands (BT, Dwilight) has just been fixed. It was copying adjustments to morale and applying them to independence, instead of applying the correct adjustments to independence.
The likely effects of this fix will be:
- Regions affected by the new Sparse Realm Penalties on testing will actually start to feel the penalties now, since they primarily affect independence.
- Regions that are being well-cared-for should stop showing a frustrating tendency to have control drop for no apparent reason.
We apologize for the confusion this will likely create.
Region Revolt Bug - Updated - posted at September 11, 2020, 02:53:41 PM by AnarisUpdate (17:30 server time): All regions should now be returned to their previous owners, with duchies, lords, and estates restored. If any have been missed, please contact us ASAP (on the Forum Helpline, on Discord by pinging @Delvin Anaris, or at [email protected]).
The massive number of regions that revolted at the turn change was a bug—I believe I have localized and fixed the source of the bug, and will be running tests to confirm before the sunset turn.
All regions that revolted this turn change will be manually returned to their owners, with our apologies.
Sparse Realm Penalty Adjustments - posted at September 10, 2020, 06:28:54 PM by Anaris
Due to both player feedback and our own observations over the past day, we are making some adjustments to the newly-added sparse realm penalties. They were never intended to hit so hard, so fast, and we apologize for the excessively aggressive effects.
- The penalties will now have a 3-day warning period before applying to a given region.
- The penalties will ease in much more slowly on stable islands, slightly more slowly on testing (which already had them slower than stable).
- The across-the-board penalties for regions lacking a lord, a knight, or both have been removed, at least for the time being.
- Later today, a tool will be added on the Information page allowing everyone to see both which realms are in most danger, and how many regions the realm currently stands to lose.
Supplemental Update: Sparse Realm Penalties - posted at September 08, 2020, 06:28:06 PM by Anaris
A supplemental update is going live with a few small fixes, noted below, and the introduction of penalties for realms below the density limit. The details of these penalties are as follows:
- All regions in realms below the density limit that lack at least one knight, a Lord, or both will suffer small to moderate control penalties.
- In such realms, up to three regions will suffer further penalties, with the regions being chosen by three criteria:
- Number of neighbouring regions belonging to a realm above the density limit
- Number of neighbouring rogue regions
- Distance from capital
- These regions will be ranked, with the furthest or most surrounded by high-density/rogue regions ranking highest, and the higher the rank among those three regions, the steeper the penalties.
- Regions that fall within these three will also have significantly increased chances of revolt.
(94 more words) [Read More]